Welcome to Summer!
A time when the pews at our church are usually a little bit emptier which could mean less connection and community.
Our May 25th workshop, “Use Summer Well for Your Fall Pledges and More,” was attended by a lively group of you who taught as much as you shared, and we are grateful to you for sharing what is happening in your congregations as it helps each of us as we develop our plans to keep stewardship alive and well—all 365 days a year.
HOW TO SET GOALS, PLAN AN EVENT & ADD TENS
To avoid the summer slump, and get you set up for fall (and stewardship season!), I encourage you to use this time to:
1. Set goals
- Link to YouTube Clip
- Using Summer Well (May 25 2022) – Slides 16-17
- Planning Your Stewardship Campaign Presentation Slides and Video – Aug. 18 & 19, 2020
2. Plan a stewardship event
3. Add TENS to your summer reading list. TENS, The Episcopal Network for Stewardship, offers you a fresh theme and materials each year for your annual giving campaigns.
As you brainstorm and develop your parish’s stewardship goals this summer, always remember that the Project Resource team is available. Whether one-to-one, our committee to your committee, or any other grouping, we can be reached at ProjectResource@dioceseofnj.org.
Last and not least, thank you. For you, as living stewards of your church, are ensuring a lively and vibrant faith community.
- Summer Stewardship Email Series
- Summer Email Series Resources
- “Use Summer Well for Your Fall Pledges and More” Recording & Slides
- “Keeping In Touch With Parishioners During Covid & Beyond” Recording & Slides
- Online Project Resource library
- TENS Website (password available here)
- Reimagined Consecration Sunday
Together in Christ,
the Stewardship Commission of the Diocese of New Jersey