Bishop Stokes has called the COVID-19 Learnings and Breakthroughs Task Force with the following mandate:
1. To research, explore, catalog, curate, and reflect upon the variety of adaptive and creative ways in which the Church and the Diocese of New Jersey and its people have responded to the COVID-19 pandemic in the areas of worship, study, social justice and service and fellowship. Reflect upon the theological/ecclesiological implications of this experience in order to discern how the Holy Spirit appears to have moved the church through this crisis in ways that have served Christ’s mission and ministry.
2. To reflect upon the fears, grief and losses experienced by the people of God in this crisis and to ask about the impact of these upon the church and our common life.
3. To reflect upon the injustices experienced by the people of our nation and communities in this crisis and to ask about our role in this and what we can do to address these.
4. To determine from the above what practices and learnings the church needs to celebrate, continue and build upon as it lives out Christ’s mission and ministry moving forward.
5. To consider how the church could be better prepared and equipped should the COVID-19 crisis continue or another pandemic impact us.
6. To prepare a report (s) summarizing its learnings and guidance.