Position Description: Office Manager
The Office Manager supports the work of the Diocese of New Jersey, the bishop, and staff, with special responsibility for management and implementation of office administration. Their focus is on maintaining the daily operations of the Diocese, including management of information and communications systems, event planning, and other activities of the diocese.
- Oversee the recordkeeping and data management processes for the Diocese of New Jersey, maintain relevant files, gather statistics, and update information as required for both the diocese and the national church
- Oversee the completion of various reports and records for Diocesan Convention
- With the bishop and other staff and officers, plan and execute the annual Diocesan Convention, serving as a key member of the core leadership team with responsibility for event planning and logistics
- Compile and distribute the annual Journal of Convention
- Maintain diocesan calendars, relevant committee minutes, and other records for public access and archival submission; interact and coordinate with leaders of diocesan committees, ministries and groups
- Manage office technology and resource usage accounts, including postal meter, photocopier use and music licensing. In consultation with supervisor, support and administer office systems
- Manage the mail and production room, oversee production and distribution of projects and mailings
- Maintain administrative databases and collaborate with other staff on data management of licensing and records
- Supervise buildings and grounds and administrative support staff, working collaboratively to offer leadership
- Organize and coordinate large events for the diocese; manage and coordinate Diocesan House hospitality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, experience in event planning, data system management and/or building administration required
- Strong administrative, logistical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skill and experience interacting with clergy, lay leaders, and the general public.
- High comfort level with evolving technology
- The ability to work to deadlines, a preference for serving as part of a team, and a collaborative work style.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information.
- The ability to see the relationship between administration and mission, and interest in connecting the work at Diocesan House with the wider mission and ministry of the Diocese of New Jersey
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Access database), Adobe Acrobat, publishing software (e.g. Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Creative Cloud, and/or Canva) and social media;
Compensation, Benefits and Working Conditions
- This position is offered at $65,000 to $70,000 commensurate with experience
- 100% Employer-paid health insurance
- Employer-paid pension contributions to a defined contribution plan
- Two weeks paid vacation, paid national holidays and other paid time off
- This position is considered exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and the NJ Wage and Hour Law.
- Some evening and weekend work may occasionally be required, with reasonable notice given. Some flexibility as to working hours within the context of a normal work week is both expected and offered
- This position offers some opportunity to work at home, in consultation supervisor and other staff.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check and to participate in Safe Church and anti-racism training through the Episcopal Diocese of New Jersey. This position reports to the COO/Canon to the Ordinary for Finance and Administration and is part of the Administration team.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and references to Canon Phyllis Jones either by email to email@example.com or regular mail to Diocese of NJ; 808 West State Street; Trenton, NJ 08618 by January 19, 2024.