A Special Convention for the purpose of discussing the 2018 budget will take place October 7, 2017 at Trinity Cathedral.
Registration for canonically resident clergy, certified deputies, and alternates replacing deputies begins at 8:00 a.m. in Synod Hall on October 7. Materials needed for the convention business will be provided at registration. The $15 registration fee includes lunch.
Due Date: Convention Registration – September 27 – The $15 registration fee includes lunch. Register here.
If you need overnight accommodations for Friday, October 6, the closest hotel is the Marriott Courtyard Ewing/Princeton, 360 Scotch Rd., Ewing, New Jersey 08628, 1 609 771-8100.
Parking: Parking at the Cathedral is for the handicapped only. On street parking in the area is limited. Therefore, you should plan to park in the contracted parking facility – The War Memorial Building parking lot, 1 Memorial Dr., Trenton, NJ 08608. Shuttle buses have been reserved to transport members to and from the parking lot from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Consideration of a continuing resolution to maintain 2017 spending levels through our March 2018 Diocesan Convention.
- Receiving, reflecting, and discussing the Steering Committee’s findings and recommendations based on the results of the congregational conversations, Bishop’s gatherings and charrettes related to:
- Convergence around core values
- Establishing budget priorities
- The Finance and Budget Committee will incorporate this information into its regular budgeting process to prepare the 2018 budget for consideration at our regular Convention in March 218.
The 234th Convention of the Diocese of New Jersey will take place on March 2-3, 2018 at the Crowne Plaza in Cherry Hill.
Nominations material are available here and are due October 16, 2017.