Transition Ministry Update as of January 11, 2021
The congregations are listed alphabetically by place, with the name of the church preceding the town, city, or village.
An asterisk (*) indicates a change in status since the last report.
Church websites are independently managed and maintained.
For questions or comments on those websites, please contact the church directly.
For clergy looking to apply for open positions under the “Receiving Names” categories, please respond to this questionnaire and contact: The Reverend Canon Brian Jemmott at email@example.com or at (609) 394-5281 ext. 21.
Congregations wishing to request a background check of a candidate should use this form.
Please contact Canon Jemmott with questions about the below listings or for assistance.
Searching for a rector?
- Detailed, step-by-step process for calling a new rector
- Printable tri-fold brochure about the transition process
- Transition consultants in the search for new clergy
- Format for letter for informing bishop of proposal to elect new clergy
- Format for letter requesting bishop’s appointment of a priest-in-charge
*St. Peter’s at-the-Light, Barnegat Light
The Reverend Gen Bishop called as Vicar, effective January 1, 2021.
St. Martin’s, Bridgewater
The Reverend Dr. Robert Laws III called as Rector, effective December 1, 2020.
St. Barnabas, Monmouth Junction
The Rev. Dr. Kyle Rader called as Priest-in-Charge, effective October 1, 2020.
Receiving Names for Rector:
St. David’s, Cranbury
Online materials posted January 6, 2021, with an application deadline of February 5, 2021.
Receiving Names for Priest-in Charge:
Receiving Names for Interim:
No Longer Receiving Names for Vicar
No Longer Receiving Names for Rector
No Longer Receiving Names for Priest-in-Charge
*Christ Church, Toms River
Call of Rector issued. Awaiting Letter of Agreement.
Christ the King, Willingboro
Discernment Committee reviewing candidate materials.
Not Yet Receiving Names for Rector
*All Saints, Bay Head
Readiness Assessment and Town Hall Meetings held. Discernment Committee formed and working with Transition Consultant.
*Good Shepherd, Pitman
Readiness Assessment held, December 1, 2020. Town Hall Meeting scheduled for January 14, 2021.
*St. Uriel’s, Sea Girt
Initial Transition Meeting held, November 24. Readiness Assessment conducted on December 21, 2020. Town Hall Meeting to be scheduled.
Not Yet Receiving Names for Rector/Priest-in-Charge
Not Yet Receiving Names for Priest-in-Charge:
Christ Church, Riverton
Discernment process on hold until February 2021.
Future Course in Ministry Under Discernment with Bishop’s Office:
- Church of the Holy Spirit, Tuckerton Congregation using supply clergy. Wardens and Vestry in consultation with Bishop’s Office.
- St. Stephen’s Church, Waretown Congregation using supply clergy. Wardens and Vestry in consultation with Bishop’s Office.
- Church of the Good Shepherd, Berlin Congregation using supply clergy. Wardens and Vestry in consultation with Bishop’s office.
St. Mary’s Church, Clementon Congregation using supply clergy. Wardens and Vestry in consultation with Bishop’s Office.
Holy Family Church, Laurel Springs (website under construction) Wardens and Vestry in consultation with Bishop’s Office.
- St. James’ Church, Paulsboro Congregation using supply clergy. Vestry in consultation with Bishop’s Office.
- Trinity Church, Vincentown The Rev. Robert Legnani serving as extended supply.