Next week, the five candidates to be the 13th Bishop of the Diocese of New Jersey will travel together to five locations around the state—one for clergy only and four for all—to meet in person with congregants and the public. Candidates will answer questions previously submitted through the NJ Bishop Search Web site, and there will also be time to talk one-on-one or in small groups.
All public meet-and-greet sessions will be livestreamed to the diocesan Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages, as well as to the regular “Live” page on our Web site. Recordings will be available after the fact as well.
|WEDNESDAY, JAN. 11
Church of the Ascension, Gloucester City
|WEDNESDAY, JAN. 11
Holy Trinity South RiverLive Spanish translation available
|THURSDAY, JAN. 12
St. Luke’s Gladstone
|FRIDAY, JAN. 13
St. Mark and All Saints Galloway
Electing Convention Registration Deadline
The special Electing Convention to choose our next bishop will be on Jan. 28 at Trinity Cathedral and via Zoom for those attending remotely. All canonically resident clergy and appointed convention deputies and alternates must register by tomorrow, Jan. 7. Congregations must also submit the deputies certification form. More information and links are on the diocesan Web site here.
The Election Booklet contains pertinent information on each of the nominees, an Agenda for the Electing Convention, the Electing Convention Rules of Order, and information about the presentation of nominees.
The Nominees for the 13th Bishop of New Jersey are:
- The Rev. Canon Dr. Dena Cleaver-Bartholomew, Canon to the Ordinary, Diocese of Rhode Island
- The Rev. Canon Dr. Sally French, Canon for Regional Ministry and Collaborative Innovation, Diocese of North Carolina
- The Very Rev. Troy Mendez, Dean, Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, Phoenix, Arizona
- The Rev. Janine Schenone, Rector, Good Samaritan Episcopal Church, San Diego, California
- The Rev. Dr. Mauricio Jose Wilson, Rector, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Oakland, California
Visit NJBishopsearch.org for more information, including details about each of the candidates and the meet-and-greet sessions.
Sundays at 10:00 a.m.: Holy Eucharist from Trinity Cathedral
Live Video from the Diocese of New Jersey
Video will appear below during the public meet-and-greet sessions.