ECS-NJ Presents “For a Bountiful Harvest: Parish Land Becoming Gardens That Feed”
Presenter: The Rev. Marshall Shelly, Rector of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Spotswood, New Jersey
Recorded on Saturday, May 14, 2022
Parish gardens are scalable, efficient and easy to start. They can be developed over time, and represent a great tool for service, mission and evangelism.
Learn about converting parish land from lawn to arable gardens, and how those gardens provide ecological, economic and social justice for communities.
If you would like to learn more about gardening, Father Marshall shared the following resources:
- No-Dig Gardening by Bella Linde
- All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible by Edward C. Smith
- The Year-Round Vegetable Gardener by Niki Jabbour
- The Organic Gardener’s Handbook of Natural Pest and Disease Control, edited by Bradley, Ellis and Martin
- Great Garden Companions by Sally Jean Cunningham
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email the ECS-NJ Advisory Council.
ECS-NJ will strengthen our collective ability to meet human needs by providing financial, logistical and networking support to those critical ministries offered by our under-resourced congregations, while working in a coordinated way for meaningful, systemic change, challenging the unjust structures of society.
Become a Friend of ECS-NJ: Everyone is invited to become a Friend of ECS-NJ so we can communicate with you and keep you up to date with what is happening with ECS-NJ. To participate, provide your contact information and commit to praying regularly for ECS-NJ.