Christ the King in Willingboro has completed the first week of its Summer Meals Program, which will continue through the Summer to ensure children don’t miss a meal because they aren’t in school. The program fed a growing number of children through the week, with a goal of serving 20 children per day next week.
The New Jersey Legislature’s authorization of the Summer Meals Program for children permits grab-and-go meals. This means a site such as a church can provide meals to children even if they are not running a Vacation Bible School or other organized summer programs for children. It’s hoped and expected that the program will continue and expand next summer, so if your church is interested in providing this valuable service, please contact us.
You can also watch this recent presentation to the diocese from Simi Kaur, a representative of the NJ Summer Meals Program, sponsored by ECS-NJ.
- Summer Food Service Program web site (the website has a link of all summer food service program sponsors and sites)
- Summer Meals Program Overview
- Cómo participar en Comidas de Verano
- Do’s and Don’ts For Site Supervisors
- USDA Summer Meals Site Finder map
- Text 914-342-7744 or call 1-866-348-6479 to find meals
- Call 609-292-4498 to speak to a program specialist
Program Specialists by County