Come out to the Cream Ridge Winery on October 25th for a 5k race and 1-mile fun run!
This event was started three years ago during the Diocese of New Jersey’s participation in the Nets for Life campaign. Kristine Burns, organizer of the event, comes from a family of runners, and participating in a run seemed like a great way to raise money and have fun.
Kris presents the top five reasons to join in Soles for the Harvest!
- Spend a beautiful day with 200 other runners from around the diocese, ages 6-80!
- See beautiful New Jersey sights, starting from Cream Ridge Winery, and winding past horse farms and Grist Mill!
- Be a steward to your body and those of others by bringing a canned good for the Allentown Food Pantry. Last year over 450 lbs of food were collected!
- Raise funds for unseen and unheralded workers – proceeds benefit the Seaman’s Church Institute (http://www.seamenschurch.org/)
- Help jump start a new ministry aimed at migrant workers in central New Jersey based out of Yardville.
Holy Innocents Church Beach Haven has been a big supporter of this event since in its inception, bringing the most runners of any parish in the diocese.
Registration for the 5k is $20 in advance or $25 at the event, and for the Fun Run/Walk is $15 with a t-shirt, or $10 without. There are a limited number of T-shirts.
7:30am race registration/check in.
8:45am 1 mile walk/run,
9:30am 5k race/walk.
There will be water stations and refreshments after the race. Entrants are asked to bring a canned good for the Allentown Food Pantry.