Insert an Image from your Computer
- Place your cursor where you want your image to appear.
- Drag your image from your computer to the editor.
Insert an Image from the Web
This method will not necessarily upload the document/file to your site’s Media Library. Files from an external site will be uploaded and your image link will be updated. If the file is hosted elsewhere and does not get automatically uploaded to your Media Library, the image will no longer work on your blog if it gets deleted from that site.
- Place your cursor where you would like the image to appear, and click Add Media button.
- Choose Insert From URL and paste the URL of the file before clicking Insert Into Page.
Insert an Image from your Media Library
- Place your cursor where you would like the image to appear, and click on the Add Media button found directly above your editor.
- Locate the image you wish to insert and select it. You’ll be able to navigate among Images, Documents, Videos and Audio files.
When inserting images into your posts and pages, you can have your text wrap around them. Just click on your inserted image to select it, then choose the alignment you want.
Side by Side
If you would like to see images appear side by side on the same line, put the images next to each other and give them both either left or right alignment.
Make sure the images are small enough that they will both fit on one line, including borders and margins. Otherwise, one of the images will be bumped to the next line. If this happens, you can resize the images so that they can fit side by side.
No Text Wrapping
If you don’t want the text to wrap around your image, you can remove the left or right alignment from your images. Click the image and select the No alignment option. The text will then stop wrapping around your image.
Editing your Inserted Images
When creating a post/page from the WP Admin dashboard, you can edit inserted images to flow with your content in an appealing way. You can access these settings by selecting the image you wish to work with and clicking on the pencil icon.