FAQs COVID-19 Info Finance Info Support NJ Episcopal Community Services Community and Outreach Resources Online Formation Liturgy and Worship Resources Online Worship Schedule
Updated May 26, 2021
This is how we love one another
New Guidelines Allow Reopening at Local Discretion
The COVID-19 Reentering, Reopening, Reimagining (RRR) Task Force called by Bishop Stokes has developed guidelines and advice as our church buildings move through the phases of re-opening. The Task Force issued its initial report on June 5, 2020. That report has now been replaced by a new one dated May 28, 2021 and released for review on May 26.
The new report allows all congregations to reopen at their own discretion, with no need to submit a reopening plan for approval.
Other Task Force Materials
- Report of Recommendations for Congregation Plans: Presentation by the Rev. Canon Valerie Balling, chair of the RRR Task Force. Canon Balling discusses the initial Task Force guidelines and the process congregations must follow to be approved by the bishop to reopen their buildings.
- Guidelines for Responding to an Exposure of Covid-19: Steps to follow when an exposure is identified in your church
- Guidelines for Baptisms
- Guidelines for Confirmation, Reception, and Reaffirmation
Reopening Training Video
In this video, the Rev. Canon Valerie Balling and Dr. Phil Lewis, co-chairs of the Task Force, present training to help your congregations plan for reopening your church buildings. This is the training required in the RRR Questionnaire for parish leaders involved in reopening church buildings. It will be helpful to have a printout of the Task Force’s Summary of Recommendations open while you watch the video.
BioBlast is a special spray device and liquid disinfectant for sanitizing surfaces in your church. The Diocese has a bulk-purchase agreement with the company, which is headquartered in New Jersey. Email Canon Phyllis Jones for more information.
- Video demonstration of the use of a BioBlast system from St. Bartholomew’s, Cherry Hill
- BioBlasting Protocols and Procedures, prepared by the BioBlast company
- Learn more on the BioBlast web site