- This event has passed.
Way of Love Small Group Discussion
June 4 @ 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
The nine-session discussion will meet most Tuesdays @ 7 p.m. (optional shared dinner @ 6:30) June 4-Aug. 20.
Steve Welch will facilitate the casual group discussions following a curriculum developed by The Episcopal Church, covering each of the seven practices, as well sessions that explore what a rule of life is, and a wrap-up session that helps you put The Way of Love into practice every day.
As described in this video (https://youtu.be/XzIx0nM5OEk) from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry, The Way of Love is a core set of practices:
· Turn (Pause, Listen, and Choose to Follow Jesus)
· Learn (Reflect on Scripture each day)
· Pray (Dwell intentionally with God each day)
· Worship (Gather in community weekly to thank,
praise, and dwell with God)
· Bless (Share faith, and unselfishly give and serve)
· Go (Cross boundaries, listen deeply, and live like Jesus)
· Rest (Receive the gift of God’s grace, peace, and restoration)
Email Steve with questions or to let him know you’re going to attend. To learn more about The
Way of Love, visit The Episcopal Church website.
Join the discussion to learn more about this daily practice for growing closer to Jesus.