Transition Ministry as of February 12, 2018
The congregations are listed alphabetically by place, with the name of the church preceding the town, city, or village.
An asterisk (*) indicates a change in status since the last report. Church websites are independently managed and maintained.
For questions or comments on those websites, please contact the church directly.
Attention Clergy looking to apply for open positions under the “Receiving Names” categories, please respond to the questionnaire at:
http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dioceseofnj/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/CLERGY-QUESTIONNAIRE-2015.pdf and contact: Canon Brian Jemmott at email@example.com or at (609) 394-5281 ext. 21.
For questions regarding churches under the Receiving Names category please contact:
Canon Brian Jemmott at firstname.lastname@example.org at (609) 394-5281 ext. 21.
To check open positions across the Episcopal Church log onto the OTM Database at: https://www.otmportfolio.org/user/login OR visit: http://jobs.transitionministryconference.org/
For help navigating and creating your OTM Portfolio please contact: Canon Brian Jemmott at bjemmott@dioceseofnj. Or (609) 394-5281 ext. 21.
- *Church of St. John the Evangelist, Chews Landing (stjohns1789.org):
The Reverend Don Caron called as Interim Priest effective January 1, 2018.
- Thomas’ Church, Glassboro (www.stthomasglassboronj.org):
Call of Rector pending Letter of Agreement.
- John the Baptist, Linden (www.facebook.com/pg/StJohnsLinden/about):
The Reverend Peter DeFranco, called as Priest-in Charge effective December 1, 2017.
- Andrew’s Church, New Providence (www.standrewschurch.org):
The Reverend Daniel Gunn, called as Priest-in-Charge effective November 13, 2017.
- Church of the Holy Cross, North Plainfield (www.holycrossnp.org)
Call of Priest-in-Charge pending Letter of Agreement.
- Mary’s Church, Pleasantville (stmaryspleasantville.org):
Call of The Reverend Hyvenson Joseph as Priest-in Charge, effective December 1, 2017.
- *Trinity Church, Princeton and the Episcopal Church at Princeton:
The Reverend Dr. Kara N. Slade called as Theologian in Residence and Associate Priest/Chaplain, effective January 1, 2018.
Receiving Names for Rector:
- John’s Church, Salem (www.stjohnssalemnj.org):
Receiving names and candidate materials.
Receiving Names for Rector or Priest-in Charge:
- Holy Innocents’ Church, Beach Haven (hiecbh.com): Discernment Committee formed, Readiness Assessment to be scheduled. Discerning a call of a Rector or Priest-in-Charge.
- Bartholomew’s Church, Cherry Hall (www.stbartsnj.org):
Discernment reopened with a deadline of January 15, 2018. Congregation is now discerning for a Rector or Priest-in-Charge and is receiving names and candidate materials.
No Longer Receiving Names for Rector:
Not Yet Receiving Names for Rector:
- *Church of the Advent, Cape May (capemayadvent.org):
Readiness Assessment completed on December 21, 2017.
- Calvary Church, Flemington (www.calvary-episcopal.com):
Discernment Committee formed and Congregational Conversation was held on May 21, 2017.
- St. Andrew’s Church, Mount Holly (standrewschurch-mh.org): Discernment Committee formed and Congregational Conversation held on February 4, 2018.
Not Yet Receiving Names for Priest-in-Charge:
- *St. Paul’s Church, Bound Brook (ww1.stpaulsbb.com):
Readiness assessment completed. Orientation of the Discernment Committee to be scheduled. Will be calling a three-quarter time Priest-in-Charge.
- *Church of St. John the Evangelist, Chews Landing (www.stjohns1789.org):
Readiness assessment completed and Discernment Committee being formed. The Reverend Don Caron called as Interim Priest effective January 1, 2018.
- *St. James Church, Eatontown (www.stjameseatontown.org):
Receiving names and candidate materials for one-quarter time Priest-in-Charge. Readiness Assessment completed. Vestry/Discernment Committee orientation held on January 21, 2018.
- *Grace Church, Pemberton (graceepiscopalchurchnj.org)
Readiness assessment completed. Discernment Committee orientation completed on December 18, 2017. Congregational Conversation scheduled for March 4, 2018.
- *Trinity Church, Swedesboro (trinityswedesboro.org):
Discernment Committee formed and Congregational Conversation held on January 28, 2018.
*Christ the King, Willingboro (www.christthekingnj.org):
Readiness assessment completed on January 7, 2018.
Future Course in Ministry Under Discernment with Bishop’s Office:
- Church of the Good Shepherd, Berlin (website under maintenance):
Congregation using supply clergy. Wardens and Vestry in consultation with Bishop’s office.
- *St. James Church, Bradley Beach (www.saintjamesbb.org):
Congregation using supply clergy. Working with Church of St. Michael the Archangel, Wall toward affiliation. St. Mary’s Church, Clementon
Wardens and Vestry in consultation with Bishop’s office.
- Andrew’s Church, Lambertville (www.standrewslambertville.org):
In discussion with Bishop’s office about next steps.
- *Holy Family Church, Laurel Springs (website under construction):
Effective January 21, 2018, Merger of Church of the Atonement, Laurel Springs and St. John’s in the Wilderness, Gibbsboro.
- Trinity Church, Matawan (trinitymatawan.com):
Rector resigned effective July 31, 2016. Wardens and vestry in consultation with Bishop’s office.
- James’ Church, Paulsboro (www.stjameschurchpaulsboro.com):
Congregation using supply clergy.
- Trinity Church, Vincentown (www.trinityvincentown.org):
The Rev. Robert Legnani serving as extended supply
- *Church of St. Michael the Archangel, Wall (www.stmichaelnj.org):
Congregation using supply clergy. Working with St. James Church, Bradley Beach toward affiliation.