MLK Day of Service
January 21 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Martin Luther King Day of Service
Jan. 21, 2019
Trinity Cathedral Trenton
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'”
–Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Honor the legacy and the memory of the late civil rights leader, rather than by taking a day off, by joining in community with your brothers and sisters from across the diocese to serve others.
Following a special Eucharist in the cathedral—with guest speaker Ryan Haygood, president and CEO of the New Jersey Institute for Social Justice—we will gather for a series of service projects that serve at-risk communities. It’s a fitting tribute to a man who dedicated his life to the service of others.
Service Projects Include:
- Assembling 500 ditty bags for Seamen’s Church Institute and local soup kitchens
- Crafting 25 knot blankets for Project Linus and Union County Interfaith Coordinating Council
- Decorating 200 placemats for Meals on Wheels
- Making 200 general cards for prisons, soup kitchens, and active duty military
- Wrapping 2,000 cutlery packs for St. Mark’s, Keansburg, Grace’s Kitchen, Plainfield, Trinity Cathedral Soup Kitchen and others
- Making 200 prayer beads for local women’s shelters and area soup kitchens
Be Part of Our Day of Service Choir
We are forming a choir and all churches are invited to send participants to sing. We’re asking participants to RSVP here to receive music for the event.