- This event has passed.
Anti-Racism Train the Trainers
October 28, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
TRAINING THE TRAINERS MINI COURSE
Post- course REQUIRED REVIEW SESSION – date TBA
The Diocese of New Jersey is offering this spiritually based mini-course to prepare Anti-racism trainers to lead and facilitate anti-racism workshops and educational sessions for parishes, committees, study groups, youth and other entities.
This mini-course will be the first in a series. At the end of this introductory session, successful participants will be certified as NJ Diocese anti-racism facilitators.
Participants will be required to attend follow-up and review sessions to maintain certification.
The training will introduce participants to constructs and educational content that will prepare them to lead spiritually based anti-racism diocese workshops and exercises.
Printed and study materials will be provided by the NJ Diocese and the Anti-racism Commission.
Participants are to provide their own supplies for note-taking and review.
The mini-course will be taught by seasoned and certified anti-racism trainers of The Episcopal Church’s Seeing the Face of God Course and other anti-racism courses.
Trinity Cathedral – Guild Room
New Jersey Diocese Parishioners: $50.00
- Minimum of ONE 2.5 day intensive training successfully completed
- Good communication abilities
- Knowledge of Anti-racist principles
- Familiarity with Biblical texts
- Familiarity with Episcopal Church idiom
- Willingness and ability to travel around the Episcopal Diocese of New Jersey and outside if needed
- Willingness to listen with intention
- Willingness to learn new methodologies and training practices
- Ability to discern needs of individuals and audiences
- Willingness to work collaboratively
- Flexibility of spirit
- Commitment to anti-racism, justice and Christian imperatives
- Listening Skills